Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Dear Friend.

Today is my dear friend Melody's Birthday!
Happy Birthday to You!
Melody and I have been friends for about 13 years and I'm so glad she is in my life.
Here is a photo of us a couple of years back at our sewing group Christmas Breakup. Melody is the one NOT being an idiot!
We have so much fun when we get together. This usually takes place at restaurants for lunch time catch-ups (with our other lovely friend Jacquie). I feel somewhat sorry for the other patrons who have chosen the same day as ours for their lunches. We are, perhaps, just a weeny tad loud'ish. It must be said that Melody is undoubtedly the BEST story teller of all time. She reminds me of Billy Connelly in being able to make the mundane hysterically funny and anything further up the funny meter has us crying with laughter. It's a wonder we don't get screaming indigestion after our lunches. But we don't. What we do get is just pure joy from her infectious smile, naughty giggles and never ending supply of fabulous stories.
I'm getting my next fix very soon as we get together for the first time this year, and I can't wait.

*********
The other thing about Melody is how she shows genuine enthusiasm and encouragement about any project you may be doing or meagre talent or ability you may have. Whatever sewing project I have ever shown her has been praised profusely. This encouragement is so appreciated and inspiring.

One such project, which I unearthed today, is this little stitchery I did many years ago. It was tucked away with all the pictures taken down off the walls of our other house. I remember being a little dissatisfied with this design but Mel told me it was beautiful so I finished it and although not perfect I am very glad that I did. It is framed and will go up on the new walls.

I'm no artist but I was happy with this little cottage design stitchery. The colours are a little washed out in the pic.
Dear Mel - Have a super, fantastic birthday - see you at Warrandyte!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I am the lucky one. You always know just the right thing to say or write to make me feel better. I really love you, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo you two...I can only agree with all you have said and how wonderful for you that you have known Melody all those years and get to catch up with her in real time. Give her a hug from me. Michelle xx
    P.S. love your stitchery and it is such a pretty verse too.

    ReplyDelete